Summers last cold soup

I love cold soups...probably cuz they taste more like dessert than dinner, and I love dessert! I had a cold cantalope soup at a restaurant a few weeks back and it wasn't sweet nor did it taste like dessert, and I loved it!! It had mint in it (I grow mint!) and I always have cantalope at home so I whipped some up the other day and it was really good! Cantalope has such a mild taste so the mint really kicked the taste up a notch, along with the lime. This is really a compilation of a couple of recipes that I looked at before emptying my fridge.



Cold Cantalope Soup


1 medium, ripe cantalope

1 individual serving of plain yogurt

1 individual serving of Stonyfield Banilla yogurt

2 T. mint, chopped fine

juice from 1 lime

zest from 1/2 lime

Macerate the zest and the mint in the lime juice. Blend all the ingredients in the blender and refrigerate. Makes about 4-6 servings.


All the ingredients can be played with...I used Banilla cuz I LOVE it, but plain or vanilla would still give a great outcome. Mine ended up sweet enough for me, but you could always add some agave nectar if you wanted to make it sweeter. The Fall has moved in and the temperatures have dropped. I find that I really do cook according to the season, so I think this will be my last summer soup. In fact, last night I found myself salivating over the thought of some black bean soup. My darling daughter and myself just came back from a cruise in the Caribbean and I bought two cookbooks that look GREAT!!......one of the first recipes I plan on trying is the black bean soup...and being a Caribbean recipe, they, ofcourse, add rum!! What can be bad about that!!?!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Yum! I love cantaloupe and this is a soup I can turn raw with ease! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Cheryl A said…
Ingrid, what would you need to do to turn this raw? I actually thought of your blog when I was making this. I don't think I will go all raw, but I like the idea of doing raw as often as possible. Thanks for your comments...

Popular Posts