I follow a wonderful blog called "Paper and Threads".  On a day when I had the bookmaking fever, I followed a tutorial on her blog to take an existing book, disassemble it, add pages and end up with a journal, personal to yourself.

    I had an old, small book on annual flowers that I used and I think it turned out
perfect.  Although it does have some drawbacks.  The size is small and I imagine myself turning it this way and that in order to do a drawing/painting. But I love the look of it and, since I am a beginner at drawing and watercolor (which is what I want to use this book for) I think I will have a ball filling it with my first attempts at this type of art.  I used a pretty floral scrapbook paper for the inside cover and watercolor, sketch paper, and assorted sizes/colors papers for writing or doodling, experimenting with paints and just plain having fun. Doesn't it sound wonderful?  It will be harder for me than you think........I have a lot of voices still living in my head telling me that I can't and shouldn't be trying art and I fight them off every day.  This journal will be another step forward and I hope to show it again on this blog when it is full!!
   Another note, Sharon's blog is full of wonderful art that calms me just to look at it!  Her drawings, watercolors somehow hit home with me and I drool as I look them over. She has also been kind enough to share with me suggestions for pens, pencils, and paper to get me started.  Wherever this art takes me, she will have been one of the people who propelled me forward and I thank her for that.  www.paperandthreads.com  

Comments

Popular Posts