I just got my new Southwest Dolls House delivered....raw, unfinished, and I am so excited to get started!  I also have realized just how much work this is going to be!  Luckily, I office right next door to a retail miniature/dolls house store.......Bev, the owner, and I made a trade.  Years ago I built a 13 room Victorian and then "life" happened and I let it sit for 15 years.  I brought it in to Bev to see if she could sell it for me.  A year went by, and in the meantime, I fell in love with a Southwest house that she had on display.....I would walk over every day and stare at it and all its wonderful furnishings! It was one of a kind.........but Bev did find a craftsman to build another and so we made a trade!!  My Victorian for the Southwest you now see in the pics!  My first job is to put a base coat on the entire house.  Bev has given me primer to use and a brush so I hope to have that completed by the weekend.  We have put in an order for windows, doors and, hopefully, Bev can still get me real tiles for the roof pieces.  I just wanted to show my beginning of this new project.  I don't know how long, if ever, I will reach the end but it is going to be fun and I hope to share it all right here.  Keep in touch.  I'm going to be posting a REALLY unique mini piece made by Bev......it is sooooo cool.  I just gotta get the pictures moved over.  Bev does not have a web site but she has a terrific store FULL of minis and houses, so if anyone is looking for something or for a house, I'll pass on contact info along with the photo of ...........an electric chair!!!  Crazy good!

Comments

Popular Posts