It's going to get busy!  I am fortunate to office right next door to a dollhouse retail store and about a year ago I walked in and there was a Southwest dollhouse sitting in the middle of her store.......it was love at first sight.  I stopped by as often as possible to stare into the rooms and admire all the minis occupying the space. Years ago I finished a 13 room Victorian dollhouse and it was also sitting in her store waiting for someone to bring it to a new home.........that wasn't working.  So, we decided to make a trade....my dollhouse for a Southwest one of my own!  Perfect!  The Southwest was one of a kind, but the builder agreed to put together another and it arrived yesterday (pictures to follow).  I am so excited to get started!!  You will see that I need to start from the beginning....the walls and roofs are there, but they need to be glued down and the outside needs to be stuccoed, so that will be the first thing I attack after it is pre-wired.  I want to make some of the furnishings and accessories so I am going to learn how to use fimo clay and put the scroll saw I got as a Christmas gift 20 years ago, to some use.  It's going to be fun!!
   I've also been playing with making paper fabric so I have my first two pieces almost completed.  I'm going to add some stitching to the pieces and then use them for book covers and put together some sketch books or journals.  Like everything else, it's easy to see how doing this often would produce better and more interesting pieces.........really, it is open to the imagination, so anything goes.
   I have a couple of other things "in the hopper" so I will get pics and do some posting soon.  There is never enough time for play!
 

Comments

Popular Posts