Where Have I Been?

Ingrid, over at Raw Epicurean, was sweet enough to email me with a "hi, how are you and where have you been?" email. Ingrid, thank you...I really don't know why I have been ignoring my blog...I knew, knowing me, that I wouldn't be consistant with it...that is my M.O. This is what I do....take for example, soapmaking. I bought a home-made bar years ago, fell in love with the smell, the texture, everything about it. So I go out and buy a book on soapmaking...I ended up buying a great book, the bible of soapmaking...but was that enough for me? No, I had to go out and buy four more! Then I have to read them all, before I even start...THEN I go crazy buying everything a person could possibly need (or not) and, finally, sometimes months later, I begin. Now, this was all ok to do with soapmaking..I fell in love with the process and I continue to make my own soap to this day (5 years later!) and I will always make soap. My point to all this is: I have a tendancy to go into something (like my blog) full force, with all the optimisim and promises to keep it going, and, sometimes, not always but sometimes, I fall short or move on to something else. I have done so with my blog....I was having an absolute ball with it, and getting feedback from the likes of Ingrid and my daughter was realllly gratifying. I don't remember, but I imagine I began my Christmas planning in October and got crazy over finding just the right recipes for cookie making and pretty soon time went by, and I kinda checked out of the blog. By the way, Ingrid I did keep checking in on your blog and over at tastespotting etc. and found many, way too many, recipes that I have clipped and piled on top of all the others I have clipped and promised myself to start trying!
So, thanks for the nudge Ingrid and I am going to check back in. But now that you know, don't be surprised if I am AWOL every so often....just seems to be the thing I do. I have been eating much healthier and much more vegetarian and feeling great. In January, I started juicing again on my days off . Trying, a couple of days a week, to give my body a rest from digesting heavy foods...a day of green juices and tea and then a light dinner or salad if I want to do a "raw" day. I stop at the Whole Foods and buy kale, spinach, beets, parsley, cucumber, broccoli, carrots, apples, ginger, limes and juice 'em all up and drink to my health! I just love it and, I think, the main reason is that I feel I am feeding my body exactly what it wants and needs!
Spring is finally just around the corner...no more 30 below zero days and I can hardly wait. I'll get back to you soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah! Okay, I see and totally understand. Great about your soap making, keep it up. And it is so good to hear you are eating healthier and juicing for goodness sakes! Juicing has been the theme of my diet these past 18 days. I am at the tail end of my 21 days juice feast. That's right, I've ingested nothing but fresh pure juiced fruits and veggies, and drink plenty of water and herbal tea. I feel amazing!!!

Spring is here and the days a longer, the sun is shining. Everything is great. Looking forward to your next post! :-)

Popular Posts